Sunday 19 June 2016

THE EXHIBITION of PRETTY GUARDIAN SAILOR MOON

Finnaly! I went to Sailor Moon Exhibition!



I immediately thought of going to this exhibition the first time I new about it, but after a while I was considering if I should really go or not…

It's been 25 years ever since Sailor Moon series started, which is almost the same age with me. I wouldn't say that I never watched Sailor Moon on tv before, but 25 years  is almost the same age with me so I do not know about the story and main characters AT ALL.  what I can recall is the anime was shown early in the sunday morning when I was in kindergarden or elementary school, i think. And I hardly watched it because I couldn't wake up. Yeap, thats it. Also, although I'm into subculture, I don't really follow anime and manga and that's why I was wondering if I should really go to this exhibition just to get the Kawaii vibes...









So this is what I saw once i entered the exhibition. It's just the entrance and I was dragged into the kawaii wonderland I can't explain this excitement when I entered here...




look at these magical stuffs!







Anyway, I'm not really good in words and its really terrible when it's in English so I'm going to spam some Kawaii overload photos, enjoy!















 

These olden days shoujyo manga colors are really awesome. Pastel but vibrant retro colors are what I really love! It is kind of sad that I don't see these colors now a days. Everything has became so dull with light soft japanese pastel tone. Of course I like Pastel colors too but it is boring for me, especially when i see those colors everywhere now… Well,maybe it's just my preference. 

Sailor Moon inspired wedding costime was on display too.

Autograph on thew wall too


there were panels of the main characters from Sailor Moon out side the hall, where you can take pix with them.

So, this was how the exhibition was. Besides the photo I spammed there were lots of original artworks, toys and those free goodies that came whith the magazine and lots more stuffs on display but unfortunately photos were not allowed so I can't post it here :(   Although I had 0% knowledge  about Sailor Moon, There was a panel explaining about the storyline and characters so I could enjoy this exhibition more than i thought! 




By the way, it was the first time seeing a note about regulations for the museum shop. It states that you can only enter with the ticket and only once, maximum items you can purchase is 20 only. Wow that shows how popular this exhibition is.

There where lots of awesome stuffs in the museum shop but it kind I wasnt that keen so I just got stickers from the gacha-gacha corner. I was hoping to get a booklet about this exhibition but looks like there wasn't such thing like that so here goes my money, did four times trying to complete the whole range of stickers. one more to go but I didn't really like that design so I just gave up in the end.





I was so desparate to drown myself in subculture when I was in Singapore and I came back to Japan but was busy with part time job but finally I coud visit today !  This exhibition was really awesome for me even I am not a manga or anime person. now I can really appreciate manga culture as art, it was really mind blowing for me and i got so much inspiration. totally worth visiting. I'm usually more towards underground-subculture side dressing mainly with black and goth makeup but my current mood is shifting more towards the kawaii yumekawa style now. originally I had this weird gap of my goth look and rainbow unicorn mind but looks like the rainbow power is starting to appear more…

The only thing I regret is not getting enough Sailor Moon items such as the compact mirror I posted, hope theres going to be a revival when they celebrate 30th anniversary and I will definitely get it!!








No comments:

Post a Comment